Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweetheart Chocolate Cupcakes!

I hate Valentine's Day about as much as I love Christmas. It's pretty serious. You can call me bitter all you want, but I'm really not. I just haven't experienced a happy one yet. I've literally either had a lonely or outright BAD Valentine's Day for as long as I can remember. But I can still get in the spirit of things and, therefore, I present you with simply sweet chocolate Valentine's Day cupcakes! Okay, honestly, my mom just asked me to make cupcakes for the shop, but at least I put some effort and creativity into it! 


The Magnolia Bakery came to my aid once again, except this time I used their chocolate cupcake recipe (which can be found here: http://www.kitchenlink.com/cookbooks/2005/0743246616_3.html). I then spread a generous amount of fluffy strawberry icing on the cupcakes, topped them with a mixture of red and purple sparkly "cupcake pixie dust", and a strawberry heart made by cutting a strawberry in half (lengthwise) and making a triangular indentation at the top. These were definitely sweet looking and tasting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment